Francis Howell Union High School will help students to overcome obstacles, assist students in graduating from high school and equip students to succeed in a post-secondary environment.
Francis Howell Union High School is a supportive learning community
committed to excellence that promotes communication, collaboration, critical
thinking skills and creativity.
In order to advance our shared vision of an exemplary alternative learning environment, we will:
- Provide an inviting school environment for students—an environment with
clear expectations, consistent consequences, and specific articulated
- Help all students achieve the intended outcomes of the curriculum by
addressing their individual needs and learning styles.
- Collaborate with one another and our students so that we can achieve our
collective goals more effectively.
- Demonstrate our commitment to ongoing professional development and
continuous school improvement.
- Promote a positive school climate by modeling the qualities and
characteristics that we hope to instill in our students.
- Involve parents in the education of their student by keeping them informed
of student progress, attendance and behaviors and offering suggestions
for assisting their students.
The primary responsibility of Francis Howell Union High School
is to assist students in overcoming barriers that might have caused them not to
graduate from high school. Associated with this responsibility, Francis Howell
Union High School will provide high quality instruction and nurture an
enthusiasm for learning so each student will:
- Want to attend high school on a regular basis.
- Improve skills in reading, writing, listening, speaking, math and determining career opportunities.
- Develop self-discipline, responsibility and self-concept.
- Develop compassion for others and courteous behavior.
- Develop a healthy respect for authority and the ability to live in a changing world.